Forum Ametys

Forum de la communauté Ametys

You are not logged in.

#1 05/04/2018 01:13:50

srini_r

Fetching the contents of one article alone

Hi,

I have created a page with a page templates that contain many zones and in these zones, i have added different articles.

is it possible to call the contents of one article alone using some URL format? if i invoke the URL of that page, i would be getting the entire page contents with whatever header,footer that has been configured in the skin.

But, I want to test the article alone and see its HTML output without getting distracted by the header,footer and other articles. is that possible? is there a specific URL pattern available for every article/content in that page in the JCR repository?

#2 05/04/2018 09:19:47

Laurence Aumeunier
Expert Team

Re: Fetching the contents of one article alone

Hi,

Yes, you can open your content from the search tool in back-office.
The content (alone) will be displayed in a new tab with the URL : [URL_SERVER_CMS]/_wrapped-content.html?contentId=[CONTENT_ID]

You can use this url directly in your browser.
You can also use the non-wrapped url :  [URL_SERVER_CMS]/_content.html?contentId=[CONTENT_ID]

Laurence Aumeunier
Ametys Expert

#3 05/04/2018 10:43:59

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

If your purpose was to display on the main page only summaries of articles, you should consider create subpages with one article on each page, and on the main page use the "content digest" service.

You can also on the main page, insert "shared content" to insert manually, contents from another page

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

#4 09/04/2018 19:52:46

srini_r

I think that was a good direction. let me try out that.

Board footer