Forum Ametys

Forum de la communauté Ametys

You are not logged in.

#1 21/05/2018 06:51:26

srini_r

Ametys Page URL

Hi,

the page URL always contains a language identifier, like /en/home.html. can that be avoided and instead the language can be easily identified from the site URL itself. for example, i want the site to be accessible using the URLs, mysite.com, which would be showing the english content and mysite.ca which would be showing the content in french.

I can configure multiple front-end URLs to the application when creating the site. but, is there a pipeline component that I need to configure to get the language to be served using the URL?

#2 22/05/2018 10:25:20

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

Re: Ametys Page URL

Hi,

currently there is no way to do so, and in my opinion it would be really hard to do since this would have many many implications...

for our customers, having url in en/* even if they handle only one language is not an issue for them...

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

#3 23/05/2018 14:31:58

srini_r

Hi raphael,

but can you guide me to the java component/cocoon pipeline that is actually expecting this language identifier in the URL?

#4 23/05/2018 14:53:39

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

The problem is really complex as : removing the language matcher in those pipelines, may lead to conflicts with other pipelines...
The main pipeline can be found at the bottom of the sitemap of the WEB workspace.

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

Board footer