Forum Ametys

Forum de la communauté Ametys

You are not logged in.

#1 03/07/2014 06:48:37

fahime

more than one site creation and one site directory!

hello and thanks for Ametys CMS
I downloded Ametys and deployed CMS directory just like the tutorial in :

Now I can create websites and add new pages to them and use services.it's great smile
for example I created sites: test1,test2,test3

what is the url address for visit this sites? how my visitors can see my test websites?
there is a publication section in riboon,should I use them and publish every pages of my websites?

and for last question smile , when I downloaded Ametys,there is a site directory in it,I deployed it just like the tutorial above.
but I can't understand relationship between created sites(test1,test2,test3) and that site directory.

I'm waiting for your help,thanks a lot

#2 03/07/2014 09:29:55

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

Re: more than one site creation and one site directory!

Hi,

In Ametys the architecture is an app for back-office (called cms) and an app (or many apps) for front-office (called site).
1) when you create the site (test1...) in the cms _admin space, you type an url for this site. e.g  => this url has to land to the front-office (with apache redirection if required ; e.g. site is not on the 80 port)
At first you can enter something like http://localhost:8080/site/test1
2) In the cms _admin configuration, you are required to enter the site app url (e.g. http://localhost:8080/site) and the ip adress used by this app to called the cms (for protection). e.g. 127.0.0.1
3) In the site _admin configuration, you have to enter the cms app url (e.g. http://localhost:8080/cms) => This is the url for the site app to call the cms app.

What is important to understand is 1 front-office app can handle as many site as you want ; and that you can also "balance" with many front-offices (one in DMZ and one in intranet for example)
I recommand to install the "site" app as ROOT on the tomcat so it can handle site with or without context. => If the application is installed at /site, it would be able to handle only websites starting by /site (for cookie reasons)

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

#3 04/07/2014 05:41:59

fahime

thanks dear Raphaël , you explained very well.

According to your response;if I have one site app,Can I have two sites with addresses like: test1.ametys.com,test2.ametys.com

Best Regards.

#4 04/07/2014 09:36:55

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

exactly smile

test1.ametys.com and test2.ametys.com have to land on your server of course ; and then you can have an apache with 2 virtualhost redirecting to one instance of tomcat holding one app site at ROOT context

Regard,

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

#5 06/07/2014 04:37:21

fahime

thank you very much smile

Board footer