Forum Ametys

Forum de la communauté Ametys

You are not logged in.

#1 17/10/2013 01:02:18

mcdons

Stuck on CMS Splash Screen

I had a lot of configuration errors when I tried to initially setup the CMS but I finally got past them as per my previous Forum post

I got the administration pages to load and I created a new classic, empty website and a user that I set as the manager for said site. The next step was to go into the site's CMS back end and do the fun stuffs but this is where my issue starts.

To open the site I tried a few different ways but they all lead to the same result. One of them I tried was from the admin page url:"localhost:8080/cms/_admin/_plugins/web/administrator/sites/view.html", by selecting the site and then clicking "Open website as a contributor" button. I got the same result from going to the cms url:"localhost:8080/cms".

What is happening when it starts to load is that I get the loading splash screen, but it gets stuck at 0% and doesn't progress. I checked the network requests and it correctly loads several resources from the html page but it is stuck on a request for "1609486333-false.js" The GET request url it sent for is http://localhost:8080/cms/plugins/core/jsfilelist/1609486333-false.js

I checked my Tomcat server log files and it didn't have an entry for the GET request and has no error messages. I didn't get any errors in my browser's console. I didn't get any errors in my Ametys log either. It just appears to be stuck and no program is taking responsibility for the error so it isn't being reported and I can't find what the error is.

#2 17/10/2013 09:53:12

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

Re: Stuck on CMS Splash Screen

That is a very strange error.
No error in tomcat or in the cms logs?

With a request tracker (firebug or any dev tool) what happen with the request?

In the admin screen, you could change the configuration at the bottom, in section DeverloperMode/User interfaces (by checking or unchecking it)...

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

#3 17/10/2013 09:59:54

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

Which browser are you using?
Does  (admin/admin) works for you?

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

#4 17/10/2013 20:46:42

mcdons

I have tried it on both up-to-date Firefox (v 24.0) and Chromium (v 28.0.1500.71). On both of these browsers I get the warning page that the browser is not supported though.

The demo works for both of them just fine. But my page was getting stuck on 0% on the loading page after the user login.

I have checked the log files for Tomcat and found nothing, just the list of previous successful GET requests.
I checked the log files for Ametys CMS and there was nothing listed there.
When I looked at the requests on Firebug the request was just sitting there waiting for the server but the server didn't seem to get the request at all.

But after 20 minutes or so of restarting and re-testing and deleting/re-checking the log files it started to work. I have no idea what make the difference that got it to work because I didn't do anything afterwards that I didn't also do before I created this thread. But the CMS is in fact working without any errors now.

#5 18/10/2013 09:39:40

Raphaël Franchet
Expert Team

Both browsers are supported don't worry about this.

As I said the error was very strange, so is the solution smile
Enjoy Ametys.

Raphael Franchet
Expert Ametys

Board footer